With Lord’s pitch looking more greener, there is a chances that Australia might rope in Mitchell Starc in the playing XI in place of Scott Boland, however the left-arm pacer says his “guess is as good as everyone else.”
“I’m used to it now coming to England,” told reporters in reference to playing just a single game in 2019.
“It’s a squad mentality, much the same as last time. We’ve got a great set of bowlers not just in this squad but a couple of other guys playing county cricket.
“It’s a very, very short Ashes crammed into the space of seven weeks. We knew it was going to be hard work for anyone to play all the games. We’ve all taken that approach and will for the rest of the Test matches.”
Australia coach Andrew McDonald had earlier hinted that Starc is in contention to play the second Test but the Starc says he has not received any indications.
“I haven’t gotten any indication either way, so your guess is as good as mine until the selectors decide.
Starc says he is not surprised to see more life in the Lord’s pitch after a lifeless Edgbaston surface.
“Probably not a surprise after some of the comments from last week and the nature of that (Edgbaston) wicket,” he told reporters.
“We’ll play on what we’re given in a couple of days’ time.”
The second Ashes Test begins from Wednesday.